Namco Bandai has announced that new content included with Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst will be available on Xbox 360 and PS3 as DLC for owners of the original game on the same day as the enhanced version is released. So rather than having to buy a whole other game just to access the extra content, you’ll simply need to pick up the Full Burst content pack. This trailer for NSUNS3FB highlights the new stuff:
And here’s the official description of the new features contained in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst, and – as far as we can tell – what will be included with the Full Burst DLC:
- Additional Chapter: Finally free of Kabuto’s control, Itachi intends to crack the Reanimation forbidden jutsu. Will an unprecedented Uchiha alliance with Sasuke be enough to handle it?
- New playable Character: Kabuto reaches the almighty Sage mode and is now playable in versus mode. Unleash his power and defeat your opponents both offline and online.
- Director’s Cut Edition: Discover completely revamped Storm 3 cinematics and experience more intensely than ever the epic conflict consuming the entire ninja world.
- 100 New Missions: Embark on a whole new series of missions, many with their own uniquely challenging objectives.
- 38 Additional Costumes: Outfit characters in a selection of 38 costumes from the NARUTO Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 DLC packs. Note: Costumes aren’t Full Burst exclusive and therefore not part of the Full Burst DLC
So, a fairly hefty piece of DLC, although note that the extra costumes aren’t included as they’re already available separately. There’s no mention of price, and the release date is currently a fairly non-specific winter 2013. We’ll keep you posted as we find out more info.