Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Critically acclaimed games or franchises that leave you cold...
08-14-2013, 06:22 AM
RE: Critically acclaimed games or franchises that leave you cold...
Halo is a franchise I lost interest in after the first one, just found it to be dull and have underwhelming shooting and weapons.

Call of duty is another one I SHOULD LOVE but I don't, I played the first one and yeah I enjoyed it but since then I can't see what all the hype is about, Just find them to be repetitive and annoying.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2013, 06:53 PM
(08-13-2013 03:23 AM)TequilaMockingBird Wrote:  I loved ME1 back in the day. Then 2 was one of those games which I wanted to replay immediately after completing it once. I had no interest in 3 at all. It had gone full Hollywood at that stage, the combat felt weaker, too samey all the way through.

That's exactly how I feel about it. I didn't even pay attention to the pre-release hype that surrounded ME3
08-16-2013, 09:49 PM
(08-14-2013 06:22 AM)millerman Wrote:  Halo is a franchise I lost interest in after the first one, just found it to be dull and have underwhelming shooting and weapons.

Call of duty is another one I SHOULD LOVE but I don't, I played the first one and yeah I enjoyed it but since then I can't see what all the hype is about, Just find them to be repetitive and annoying.

Im with you on Halo.
Also I couldnt get into Okami great art syle interesting concept but really bland action with a brush gimmick and for some reason the sound of people talking really got on my tits.

What is it with nintendo and their lack of voice acting?
08-16-2013, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 11:35 PM by Rojoco.)
(08-16-2013 09:49 PM)ithurtstopoop Wrote:  Im with you on Halo.
Also I couldnt get into Okami great art syle interesting concept but really bland action with a brush gimmick and for some reason the sound of people talking really got on my tits.

What is it with nintendo and their lack of voice acting?

Okami wasn't made by Nintendo it was developed by Clover (now Platinum Games), published by Capcom and first released on PS2! It's a shame you didn't get on with it as I'm playing it now for the first time and finding it really special. I wouldn't call the celestial brush a gimmick either since it's a core element to the entire game and is used in so many clever ways. I get your annoyance with the Animal Crossing style voices but personally I find it adds to the charm. It wouldn't seem right with voice acting, same way with Zelda.

<<<Twitter>>>