Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
GT6
12-13-2013, 06:34 AM
GT6
Wanted to see if anybody is playing the new gt6 and if you are have you done the money glitch? ( 20,0000) worth it!

I really like GT6 and it really has improved on GT5( thank **** for that).

PSN ID Neitomira( if you want to race some time).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2013, 09:59 AM
RE: GT6
No, but im so disappointed/ashamed that Forza is ruined Sad That was one of the last good things Xbox fans (like myself) could hang on to :/

XBox360 GT: sleepymexican45
12-15-2013, 09:22 AM
(12-13-2013 09:59 AM)sleepymexican45 Wrote:  No, but im so disappointed/ashamed that Forza is ruined Sad That was one of the last good things Xbox fans (like myself) could hang on to :/

I hear you, I used to play forza on Xbox and after reading all that's happend to forza 5 it is a massive blow, sounds like the micro transactions situation is worse than gt6.

Main reason I'm glad the money glitch happend on gt6 cause its a nice way around it, the fact that in gt6 the prize money is less after winning races and you don't win cars any where near as often.

Seems both games are trying to push you to the store.
12-16-2013, 07:45 PM
The practice of so called micro transactions is killing my interest in gaming and I'm sure I'm not alone.

There was a time where cheat codes were the norm and I could buy cars and tracks that were mine to drive from the moment they were purchased; e.g. PGR 2's DLC. Nowadays its a case of buy a time saver pack for X amount (NFS), buy a car DLC pack and then have to scrimp and save to buy the cars in-game (Forza) or introduce a system whereby the career mode spits out less and less rewards in an effort to have you buy in-game credits (Forza and GT). I'm sure there are plently of other examples. By the time Forza 4 had arrived, I was no longer interested in endless car DLC packs where I had to pay for cars twice; once with real money and then again with in-game credits. PGR had it right from the start - I buy the car in DLC so I own the car. No grinding required.

The thing is this was tried in PC gaming ages ago - around 2005 - in the sims GTR 2 and GT Legends. For both sims higher class cars & tracks were locked in the career mode. Within a day the tier system had been worked out and people were driving the cars they were most interested in. No PC sims offer this any longer.

I read Dan's feeble attempts at answering the criticisms of Forza 5's lack of prize cars and payouts on Eurogamer and read the final paragraph glad I no longer play Forza. Of course the only way this will stop is when customers vote with their wallets and I don't think attitudes will change anytime soon.
12-17-2013, 03:25 AM
(12-16-2013 07:45 PM)TJP75 Wrote:  The practice of so called micro transactions is killing my interest in gaming and I'm sure I'm not alone.

There was a time where cheat codes were the norm and I could buy cars and tracks that were mine to drive from the moment they were purchased; e.g. PGR 2's DLC. Nowadays its a case of buy a time saver pack for X amount (NFS), buy a car DLC pack and then have to scrimp and save to buy the cars in-game (Forza) or introduce a system whereby the career mode spits out less and less rewards in an effort to have you buy in-game credits (Forza and GT). I'm sure there are plently of other examples. By the time Forza 4 had arrived, I was no longer interested in endless car DLC packs where I had to pay for cars twice; once with real money and then again with in-game credits. PGR had it right from the start - I buy the car in DLC so I own the car. No grinding required.

The thing is this was tried in PC gaming ages ago - around 2005 - in the sims GTR 2 and GT Legends. For both sims higher class cars & tracks were locked in the career mode. Within a day the tier system had been worked out and people were driving the cars they were most interested in. No PC sims offer this any longer.

I read Dan's feeble attempts at answering the criticisms of Forza 5's lack of prize cars and payouts on Eurogamer and read the final paragraph glad I no longer play Forza. Of course the only way this will stop is when customers vote with their wallets and I don't think attitudes will change anytime soon.
Mobile gaming would have to die for that to happen.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the apocalypse :/

XBox360 GT: sleepymexican45
01-31-2014, 10:39 PM
Has anyone been playing GT6 recently?

There are been an excellent steady stream of new free content of the game through various patches. Version 1.04 just added a couple of new cars and some seriously good Red Bull Sebasian Vettel events.

The number of updates, refinements and additions to the game for no extra charge at all is superb. After all, Polyphony are still adding new Seasonal Events to GT5 over 3 years since it's original release! It certainly feels like your £40 goes a long way with Gran Turismo!

Also, anyone got any tips for the Trophy related to mileage driven in the game? By finishing the game you practically get every Trophy bar one, which is to drive a massive 7,900 miles, or something. Just wondering if anyone else was aiming for it and what they were doing to get closer to it?